- Place mirin, soy sauce and pickled ginger in a small pan over a medium heat and cook for 5mins (reduce a little).
- Take off heat whisk in the peanut oil and set aside.
- Mix the sea salt and chilli flakes and set aside.(Chilli salt)
- Dry the Salmon skin with a paper towel, and then the score skin.
- Brush with peanut oil and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a high heat.
- Cook the salmon for 3 minutes skin side down then turn over and cook for a further 3 minutes .
- Place the Salmon in a serving bowl, spoon over the dressing.
- Sprinkle with chilli salt and serve with the edamame beans, cucumber, watercress and fresh coriander.
- 1/4 c (60ml) of Mirin
- 1/4 c (60ml) of soy sauce
- 1 tblsp of pickled ginger (including juice chopped)
- 1 tblsp of toasted sesame seeds
- 30mls of Pic’s peanut oil
- 4 X 150g Salmon fillets
- Marlborough Flaky sea salt
- 200g Edamame beans (blanched)
- 1 cucumber, peeled & cut in to batons
- Watercress & coriander to garnish
- 1 tblsp Marlborough Flaky sea salt
- 1 tblsp chilli flakes
Add a few simple ingredients and go from lovely salmon to a beautiful gourmet dinner.