- Heat 1 Tbsp. of Pic’s peanut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the cabbage & garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Cool.
- Add the mince, black bean paste, egg white, peanut butter & chives to the cabbage, season with salt and pepper.
- Dust a chopping board with a little rice flour. Lay out 6 Gow gee wrappers on the board, then brush the edges with a little water. Place 1 Tsp. of the mince cabbage mixture into the centre of each wrapper. Fold over the wrapper to form a half circle, then press the edges to seal and enclose the filling. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Heat the remaining Pic’s Peanut oil with ½ cup of water in a large frying pan. Add the dumpling and cook for 5 minutes with lid on.
- Remove the lid and cook until the water has evaporated and the dumplings are golden on one side. Serve with black vinegar & chilli as a dipping sauce
- ¼c Pic’s Peanut Butter smooth
- 2 tbsp of Pic’s peanut oil
- ½ Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- 400g chicken mince (or pork)
- 2 Tbsp. Black bean paste
- 1 egg white
- ¼c chopped chives
- Salt & pepper
- Rice flour for dusting
- 24 Gow gee wrappers (available from Asian food shops)
- Chinese black vinegar & chilli to serve
Try this little tweak on a Chinese classic