Cinnamon Waffles with Maple Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 Tbsp olive Oil
- Tsp baking powder
- Handful of Chocolate chips
- Oil spray or butter for cooking
- 2 Tbsp Pic's Smooth Peanut Butter
- Tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- In a blender, combine the flour, milk, eggs, maple syrup, oil, cinnamon, baking powder and salt, then blend until you’re left with a smooth batter.
- Stir through the chocolate chips.
- Preheat your waffle iron and lightly spray or brush with some cooking spray or vegan butter.
- Once the waffle maker is nice and hot, pour in your batter and cook according to the instructions. Repeat this for the remaining mixture. I found this made 3 large waffles.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, combine the peanut butter, salt and maple syrup, then gradually add in a little water whilst mixing so that you create a pourable consistency.
- Serve the waffles topped with some fresh fruit and a generous drizzle of the sauce.