- Combine flour, sugar, yeast, milk and egg in a stand mixer with dough attachment for 2 minutes on low speed.
- Slowly add warm milk and cubed butter and mix for 10 minutes. Transfer onto lightly oiled bowl and proof for 2 hours.
- Knock back the air in your dough and portion 60g pieces, rolling them into round balls. Place onto parchment paper and prove for 90 minutes.
- Fry them for 1-2 minutes each side in oil at 170C heat. Transfer to a paper towel.
- Toss them while they’re warm into caster sugar and made a small hole using skewer
- Make filling by mixing cream cheese, peanut butter, icing sugar and heavy cream until soft peaks are formed. Loosen the jam slightly then fold it through. Place in a piping bag.
- Once the doughnuts are cooled, pipe the filling and enjoy!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Stuffed Doughnuts
Recipe By Hoda Alzubaidi
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cooking Time: 4 minutes, Serves: 19 doughnuts
- 500g plain flour
- 75g caster sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 7g instant dry yeast
- 250g warm milk
- 1 egg
- 75g butter
- 225g cream cheese
- 100g smooth peanut butter
- 150g icing sugar
- 500ml thickened cream
- 280g Strawberry jam
- 2 cups caster sugar for coating doughnuts