- To make the waffle batter, combine all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk everything together.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, milk, sweetener and olive oil until well combined.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry so that you’re left with a smooth batter.
- Preheat your waffle maker and brush the plates with a little coconut oil.
- Pour some of the mixture into each side of the waffle maker and cook according to the instructions.
- Repeat this for the remaining mixture. I find that this makes around 4 large, deep filled waffles.
- For the sauce, combine the peanut butter and agave, then gradually add in the almond milk whilst mixing, to create a smooth, pourable consistency.
- Serve your waffles with toppings of choice and drizzle over the sauce.
Prep Time: 20 minutes, Serves: 3-4
- 1 cup oat flour (you can make this yourself by blending oats in a blender or food processor)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup/agave
- 2 scoops vegan chocolate protein (about 40g)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp bicarb
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3 tsp mixed spice
- Pinch cinnamon
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Tbsp agave
- Almond milk