For the Fudge Layer:
1. Sprinkle the kokonati pūtī on to a tray.
2. Toast for 10 minutes in a 140 degree oven. Stir the kokonati and bake for a further 10 minutes until deeply golden.
3. As the kokonati pūtī toasts, make the karamea (caramel).
4. Melt the pata in a pot/pan. Add the huka hāura and simmer until the butter and sugar have united into a caramel.
5. Pour in the kirīmi and tote. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until thick. Cool for 5 minutes.
6. Add the toasted kokonati pūtī to a bowl. Stir through the puehu huka.
7. Pour in the karamea (caramel) and wanira. Add the Big Mix pata pīnati and stir it all together.
8. Press in to a 19cmx16cm slice tin (or whatever you have available!) lined with baking paper. Refrigerate as you make the topping.
For the Icing Layer:
1. Melt the tiakarete parauri and kirīmi over a double boiler. Pour over the porohuka (fudge).
2. Sprinkle over the pīnati, karamea tiakarete and poihanapere tauraki-tio.
3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Enjoy!