- Begin by making the Raspberry Jam by adding the raspberries, water and maple syrup in a small saucepan.
- Over medium heat allow jam to bubble away until liquid evaporates and begins to thicken, stirring throughout.
- Stir through chia seeds then pour into a jar or bowl.
- Allow jam to set in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C fan and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine flour, almond meal, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together mylk and peanut butter.
- Add wet mixture to the dry and using a wooden spoon or hands combine until dough is formed.
- (If dough is too wet add a more flour or too dry add a dash of mylk. It will depend on the flour you use).
- Once dough forms a ball, place between two pieces of baking paper and roll with a rolling pin.
- Aim for 1.5cm in thickness before using a scone cutter or small rimed drinking glass to create individual scones.
- Place scones on prepared tray so they’re slightly touching.
- Using a pastry brush, brush each scone with a light coat of mylk and bake for 20min or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile prepare PB Cream by whipping together all PB ingredients; you can use a hand or electric whisk.
- Scoop PB Cream into a small bowl and set aside.
- Once scones are golden slice in half and dollop with Jam and PB Cream.
- Scones can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Scones are best the day of bake.
Love Alex, Ballerina Bites. Xx
PS: Be sure to tag me @ballerina_bites so I can see your wonderful recreations