Thanks for dropping by Peanut Butterer
Ingredients for brownies
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 heaped tbsp Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 whole egg
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Dash vanilla extract
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch pink Himalayan salt
- Handful hazelnuts
- Handful of dark chocolate chips
Ingredients for frosting
- 2 tbsp smooth almond butter
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Almond milk or water as needed
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a brownie tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor, combine the squash, almond butter and sugar and blend these to cream together.
- Crack in the egg and blend again.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend the mixture one last time until everything is fully combined and you’re left with a smooth batter.
- Stir through the chocolate chips and nuts, then pour this into your tin and smooth over the surface.
- Pop these into the oven to bake for around 10 minutes, then allow to cool.
- For the frosting, mix together the almond butter, coconut oil, cacao powder and gradually drizzle in the milk or water to create a smooth, spreadable consistency.
- Once the brownies have cooked, spread over a generous layer of the frosting and slice into portions.