- Firstly, add your drained chickpeas to a food processor and pulse for a few seconds.
- Empty them into a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients for the burgers and combine.
- Next place half of the mixture back into the food processor and pulse for around 10 seconds. Empty it back into the bowl with the rest and combine.
- Using your hands form the mixture into 4 burger patties and place them on a lined baking tray. Cover the tray and place it in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes. Overnight is fine too!
- When ready to cook add some oil of choice to cover the base of a frying pan. Turn the heat up to medium and once the oil is hot add the burgers. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, prepare the satay sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the sauce to a separate bowl along with the carrot and cucumber ribbons and combine.
- Load the burger up with mayo, lettuce, smashed avocado, patty, satay sauce, carrot and cucumber ribbons, fresh coriander, crushed peanuts and chilli flakes. Enjoy!
Ingredients for the patty
- 1 red onion (finely diced)
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 50g gram flour
- 40g walnut crumbs (blend in processor)
- 90g sweetcorn
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp of curry powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 spring onions (diced)
- 1 Tbsp of Pic's Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp of soy sauce
Ingredients for the satay sauce
- 3 Tbsp of Pic's Smooth Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tsp of sriracha sauce
- 4 Tbsp of boiling water
Ingredients for serving
- 4 burger buns
- 1 large avocado (mashed)
- 1/2 carrot (peeled into ribbons)
- 1/2 cucumber (peeled into ribbons)
- Fresh coriander
- Crushed peanuts
- Chilli flakes