- Preheat the oven to 100 degrees celsius fan bake.
- Keep the liquid aside from a tin of chickpeas (Aquafaba) and put the chickpeas aside to use in another recipe.
- Whip the liquid and the cream of tatar as you would egg whites to create the meringue. This will take a while (at least 10 minutes).
- Once stiff peaks start to form then slowly mix through the sugar, bit by bit. Then stir through the vanilla extract.
- Line two baking trays and spoon 2 tbs of mixture into rounds. Cook for 2 hours or until cooked through - they will harden once removed from the oven so don’t worry if they still feel a bit soft.
- Once cooled, break into large pieces.
- To make the chocolate, almond butter sauce melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over very low heat, add the almond butter and allow it to melt into the chocolate. Mix well until it's incorporated into the chocolate.
- Once you’re ready to assemble the Eton Mess get 4-6 glasses and start off by placing a spoonful of Vanilla and Chia Coconut Yoghurt at the base of each glass, add some broken meringue, jam, chocolate almond sauce, and then repeat again in layers.
- Serve and enjoy!
Vegan Eton Mess
Recipe By Cathedral Cove Naturals
- 400g tin of chickpeas
- ½ cup raw sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cream of tatar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 400g Vanilla and Chia Coconut Yoghurt
- 4 Tbsp Pic’s Crunchy Almond Butter
- 1 cup of jam
- 100g dark chocolate (we used 76%)
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries (cut in half)