- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Cook quinoa according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Meanwhile place 1 tbsp coconut oil in a non-stick saucepan and sauté diced onion, zucchini, carrot and chilli for 5-10 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup filtered water and cumin.
- Then add tomatoes and peanuts or macadamias, stir though, simmer and allow to reduce.
- Remove from heat and add cooked quinoa and peanut butter.
- Cut capsicums in half and arrange on a greased baking tray (grease with remaining 1 tbsp coconut oil).
- Generously fill capsicums with quinoa mixture, cover with foil and place in the oven for approx. 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Serve with avocado, lime, herbs, chilli flakes and additional peanuts (optional).
PIc's Pocket Peppers
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 large red chilli
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt (or to taste)
- 400 grams organic tomatoes (tinned or fresh)
- 1/3 cup peanuts or macadamias, roughly chopped
- 6 large capsicums
- Top with avocado, lime, sprouts and chilli