- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, fan assisted.
- Cut the sweet potato into cubes.
- Using a brush, coat each piece in coconut oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until tender when poked with a fork.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In a high power blender, place the sweet potato, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, peanut butter and coconut milk. Blend on high for a few minutes, or until a smooth puree is formed.
- Add the vegetable stock half a cup at a time and continue to blend. Stop when desired consistency is achieved, or add slightly more liquid if it appears too thick.
- Place contents into a large saucepan. Gently heat over a medium heat whilst stirring, and season to taste.
- Cook until heated through and serve into bowls.
- Top with roasted peanuts and fresh coriander.
Sweet Potato & Peanut Soup
Warm and aromatic, this soup is perfect for an evening in front of an open fire, or a starter for a winter solstice party, Bonfire Night or Thanks Giving. Created by Healthy Luxe & Coconut and Bliss for us
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Himalayan salt and pepper, to season
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup smooth Pic’s peanut butter
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup roasted peanuts and fresh coriander, to serve