- Preheat the oven to 180°c (160c fan) and line two 9 inch round baking tins.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, cacao powder, and baking powder.
- Pour the soy milk into a jug along with the vinegar. Once curdled, stir in the oil and sugar, until it has dissolved.
- Add the liquid into the dry, and fold together until you have a smooth batter - be careful not to overmix.
- Divide the mixture equally between the two pre-lined baking tins and transfer to the oven to bake for 20 minutes, until a cake skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cakes to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, before moving over a cooling rack.
- Whilst waiting for the cakes to cool completely, begin the ganache.
- Beat the butter and half of the icing sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Continue adding in the rest of icing sugar, little by little, until it is creamy and fluffy, then mix in the peanut butter.
- Remove a third of the ganache and set it aside for the filling. Add in the melted chocolate and cacao powder to the remaining ⅔ of ganache and stir until well combined.
- Once you are ready to decorate the cake, add 2-3 tbsp of warm water to the ganache if it’s too thick to spread easily.
- Spread the peanut butter ganache over the top of one of the chocolate cakes, followed by a layer of Jelly/Jam, then carefully top with the other cake.
- Transfer the cake to a serving plate and ice the cake all over with the chocolate ganache using a palette knife / scraper.
- Decorate with berries, chocolate shards, and more peanut butter.
Ingredients for the cake
- 250g self-rising flour
- 50g cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 240ml soy milk
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 210g coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
Ingredients for the ganache
- 60g Pic's Smooth Peanut Butter
- 200g dairy-free butter
- 500g powdered sugar
- 75g good quality dark chocolate, melted
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 2-3 Tbsp warm water
Ingredients for the topping
- 2 squares dark chocolate, grated
- 2 heaped Tbsp Pics smooth peanut butter
- A handful of berries - if you can find some!
Ingredients for the centre
- 3 Tbsp your favourite jam or jelly