- Preheat your oven to 225°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Grate the butter into the flour and rub it into the flour mix so you get a fine crumb like texture.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the milk.
- Mix the milk through with a knife, but be careful not to over mix. The dough should be slightly wet.
- Place large spoons of the scone dough onto the baking tray. You should have about 6 medium sized scones.
- Place a knob of butter on the top and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with boysenberry jelly, whipped cream and freeze-dried berries scattered on the top.
Rustic Scones With Vanilla Bean Cream & Boysenberry Jelly
Recipe By Madame Lu's
- 1 1 /2 cup high grade flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 40gm butter (plus extra for the top)
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- whipped cream to serve (mix through ½ tsp vanilla bean paste)
- Pic's Boysenberry Jelly
- freeze dried berries