- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Toss chickpeas in spice mixture and then place on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and place in the oven.
- On a separate tray place the pumpkin, drizzle it with oil and add to the oven around ten minutes after the chickpeas have gone in (give the chickpeas a shake at this point)
- After 20 minutes of cooking, place the broccoli in the oven with the pumpkin. Cook for 10 minutes before removing both the broccoli and pumpkin from the oven. Once removed from the oven season with salt and pepper.
- Check your chickpeas at this point, they should be crispy and nicely golden brown, if not leave in the oven for another five minutes. Note: they will crisp up more once cooling.
- Whilst the roasted vegetables and chickpeas cool, place the beans in a saucepan with enough water to cover them, then bring to the boil. Once boiled take off the heat and drain water.
- To make the dressing, gently heat the coconut oil in the microwave until it is melted (around 30 sec) then stir together with almond butter.
- In a large salad bowl place your leafy greens, cooked beans, broccoli, pumpkin and chickpeas and drizzle with the dressing just before serving.
Pic's Winter Pumpkin Salad
From the delish kitchen of @KitchenofAmelia
- 1/2 small buttercup pumpkin, cut into wedges, skin left on
- 400g can chickpeas
- 1/2 large head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans
- 4 cups leafy greens (spinach and rocket work great)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Rice Bran Oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil