- To make the marinade/ dressing – place Pic’s peanut oil, lemon grass, lime juice, palm sugar, fish sauce & chillies into a large bowl. Whisk until sugar dissolves then reserve a ¼ cup of the mixture to dress the salad.
- Place prawns into a bowl & pour the remaining marinade over the prawns. Toss well, cover & refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat barbecue pan over high heat until hot. Lightly grease with a little peanut oil. Grill the prawns for about 2 minutes on each side or until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile place the cucumber, spring onion, coriander, mint, bean sprouts & mango into a bowl. Pour over the reserved marinade/ dressing. Toss to combine.
- Arrange the salad on serving plates, top with the prawns, chopped peanuts & crispy shallots. Drizzle with a little extra Pic’s Peanut oil then serve.
Pic's Thai Spiced Prawn, Mango, & Peanut Salad
This is a very light, tasty & healthy recipe that’s great any time of year. Alternatively you could use fresh salmon fillets instead of the prawns. Great served with fresh steamed Jasmine rice.
- 3 Tbsp. Pic’s peanut oil
- 1 lemongrass stick, crushed & thinly sliced
- ½ c fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp. palm sugar, grated
- 2 Tsp. Thai fish sauce
- 2 red chillies, deseeded & thinly sliced
- 1 kg raw tiger prawns, heads removed, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 2 cucumbers, peeled into long thin strips
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ c coriander leaves
- ¼ c mint leaves
- 1 c mung bean sprouts
- 1 ripe mango diced
- ¼ c roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. crispy fried shallots (available from Asian food shops)
- 1 Tbsp. extra Pic peanut oil to serve