- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set a baking rack over each pan.
- Toss the wings with the oil and season well with sea salt. Arrange in single layers on the racks. Place in the oven for 45-50 minutes. Switch the baking sheets, top to bottom, halfway through cooking time for even cooking.
- While wings are baking, prepare sauce. In a medium sauce pan, whisk all of the ingredients together. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes. The sauce will thicken up. If it gets too thick, whisk in a little water. Keep warm.
- Remove wings from oven. Use about 1 cup of the BBQ sauce and brush evenly over the wings. Place back in oven and continue baking for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving. Serve wings with the remaining sauce.
As kiwis we love our sport – rugby, cricket and award ceremonies. Superbowl, while not a game we can comprehend easily, we do admire the effort that goes into the snack prep and party side of it all. We created these especially for our Stateside buddies, with a Pic’s twist, to the sweet and spicy BBQ sauce. Frankly they can be enjoyed at anytime, anywhere. NOTE: USA measurements.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Sea salt
- 5 pounds chicken wings
For BBQ Sauce
- One 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Pic’s Really Good Peanut Butter, creamy
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne