- Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F) & prepare a 9 inch drop bottom cake pan
- For the streusel combine all the ingredients and mix with a fork until incorporated.
- For the cake, beat the sugar and butter together then add the wet ingredients, careful not to over mix. Fold in the flour, baking powder & spices.
- Pour half of the cake mix into the cake pan. Top half of the streusel mixture and remaining cake mix. Finish with the last of the streusel mix.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes. Use toothpick test until it comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes then move to cooling rack.
Pic’s Peanut Pumpkin Streusel Cake
Moist and so flavourful, this PB Pumpkin Coffee Cake can be enjoyed year round and is particularly good with a cup of coffee
Ingredients for the streusel
- ½ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of nutmeg, cloves and ginger
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp Pic’s Crunchy Peanut Butter
Ingredients for the cake mix
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp salted butter, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp Pic’s Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves