Pic’s Peanut Butter Ice Cream
You don’t need co-operation from the weather to enjoy a scrummy scoop of ice cream this weekend and our recipe using our natural peanut butter is a very easy way to jazz up plain old vanilla ice cream.
Kevin Hopgood of Nelson’s multi-award-winning Hopgood’s restaurant slipped this peanut butter ice cream into his celebration of Nelson menu in 2014.
Just another glorious way to eat Pic’s off a spoon.
- 300g Pic’s Peanut Butter Crunchy
- 350g caster sugar
- 450ml cream
- 20ml Pic’s Peanut Oil
- 1tsp sea salt
- 2L premium vanilla ice cream
- Make the caramel by combining the sugar and 80ml water in a saucepan, stir over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, bring to the boil and cook until a medium dark colour.
- Remove from heat and carefully add the cream. Whisk until smooth, add the peanut butter, sea salt and peanut oil. Cool.
- Allow the ice cream to soften slightly by standing at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Transfer ice cream to a large metal bowl and with a heavy spoon, stir in the caramel through in a ripple effect.
- Return the ice cream to the ice cream container and freeze until firm.