- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix the dry ingredients together and make a well in the centre.
- Blend the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and add a little at a time to the dry mix, until the dough holds together.
- Divide the mixture into two and form into logs and place, evenly spaced, onto a silicone mat lined baking sheet. Gently flatten the tops of the logs.
- Bake for 25 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 15 before slicing, on an angle into 1cm thick biscuits.
- Return to the baking sheet and cook for a further 20 minutes, turning the backing sheet half way through cooking.
- Once baked cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
(V) Serves 12-14
Here’s our take on an Italian superstar biscuit. Low in sugar and perfect for dunking in your long black. Definitely worth taking a break for.
- 2 cups of whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup Pics Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 3 large eggs at room temperature