- Heat 1tbsp of oil in a pan. Cook the eggplant over a medium heat in batches until golden then remove from pan
- Add more oil to the pan and cook the onion until softened. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further minute. Add spices to the pan and cook off for 2mins.
- Blend the coconut milk, Peanut Butter and tamarind paste in a separate bowl and add to the pan.
- Simmer for a few minutes then return the eggplant to the pan and cook for a further 15 mins.
- Stir through some fresh coriander and serve with rice or bread
Pic's Eggplant Curry
Great for meat-free-Monday or a quick and easy curry dinner any night!
Enjoy this meat-free curry. Meat-who we say when you sample this hot dish. Make it an easy option instead of your Friday night curry take-away
- 2 tbsp Pic’s Peanut Oil
- 2 eggplants, cut into large chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5cm ginger finely grated
- 1tsp cumin powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ tbsp tamarind paste
- Salt & pepper seasoning to balance
- 1 ½ tbsp Pic’s Crunchy Peanut Butter
- breads & rice to serve