- Add oil to a large pot, followed by the diced onion and cook until softened
- Add the peppers, carrots and garlic to the pan and continue to cook for another 10 mins
- Stir in the chillies and spices and cook off to a minute.
- Add the kumara, tinned toms and stock and bring pan to the boil. Bring down to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes until the vegetables and nice and soft
- Stir in the lentil and PB and cook for a final 10 minutes
- Remove a scoop of soup from the pan and blitz the remainder until smooth.
- Stir back in the separated soup, for a little texture (optional) and add the coconut milk.
- Mix well and bring back up to the heat. Season to taste