- Place each fish fillet on a large square of parchment paper and season with white pepper & sea salt.
In a sauce pan gently heat the soy sauce, mirin, sugar, black bean, chilli sauce & chicken stock. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Add the garlic & ginger. Chill.
- Evenly pour the marinade over the fish fillet, then arrange the chopped coriander & spring onions on top. Finish each fillet with 1 Tbsp. of Pic’s peanut oil.
- Fold the parchment paper around the edges tightly in 5cm folds to create a half moon shape. (Make sure you press as you crimp and fold to seal the packets well, otherwise the steam will escape.)
- Arrange the packets on a baking sheet. Bake until the fish is cooked through, about 12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- To serve, cut open the packets and serve directly in the parchment paper.
Pic’s Baked Fish En Papillote with Black Bean & Chilli
This recipe can also be cooked on the BBQ. Just wrap your fish parcels in tin foil, then place on the grill with the lid down. Its great served with a crisp green salad and a glass of fantastic Kiwi Sauvignon Blanc.
- 4 x 200g fish fillets
- Fresh ground white pepper & sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. mirin
- 1 Tsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tsp. black bean sauce
- 1 Tsp. chilli sauce
- 80ml chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 cm piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- 2 spring onions, white part only chopped
- 4 Tbsp. Pic’s Crunchy Peanut Butter