- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine the butter and Pic’s Peanut Butter using an electric mixer.
- Blend in the sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and about half of the flour.
- Mix until combined, then blend in the remaining flour.
- If the dough is slightly sticky, cover it and put in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
- Pinch off bits of dough and roll into balls 3-4 cms across.
- Roll each ball in the extra sugar and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving room between each for flattening.
- Flatten each ball using the tines of a fork to make criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies just barely start to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack.
Recipe By Culinary Vista
Makes about 30 cookies
Traditional American Peanut Butter Cookies – with an NZ twist thanks to Pic’s
- 110g butter, softened
- 120g Pic’s Really Good Peanut Butter (Crunchy, No Salt)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1¼ cups flour
- Extra sugar for coating