New Pics Blog Entry
Ingredients for the shortbread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for vegan chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 (+ more) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter layer
- Pic's Peanut Butter (as much as you want)
- Preheat oven to 180c
- In a food processor mix all shortbread ingredients
- Press dough into a parchment-lined 8x8 baking dish and bake for appx 20 mins
- Once the shortbread has cooled for 30 mins, layer with desired amount of peanut butter (or any nut butter!)
- Over a double boiler, melt all ingredients for the chocolate layer
- This is a little bit of what I call a wing-it stage. Depending on the consistency of the coconut mixture, you may need more or less cocoa powder and depending on the level of sweetness you can adjust the maple syrup amount
- Once the chocolate is all melted and mixed, pour over the peanut butter layer.
- Put in the freezer to cool completely, 1 hr.