- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- To make the shortbread base, beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks and kafir lime shreds and beat again until well combined.
- Stir through the flour, baking powder and pinch of salt until it forms a dough.
- Press into the loaf tin and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- To make the coconut topping, whisk the egg white until soft peaks form then slowly add the sugar.
- Continue to whisk until the peaks stiffen.
- Fold through coconut.
- Spread the jelly over the pastry base evenly then cover with the coconut egg white mixture -spreading this evenly too.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool then slice into bars.
Louise Cake With Boysenberry Jelly and Toasted Coconut Top
Recipe By Madame Lu's
- 100gm butter, softened
- 50gm golden caster sugar
- 4 kafir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1 egg yolk
- 110gm high grade flour
- 1⁄4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1⁄2 jar of Boysenberry Jelly for filling
- 1 egg white
- 60gm golden caster sugar
- 80gm shredded coconut