- Beat the butter, cashew nut butter and sugar in a large bowl, until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat well.
- Sift in the flour and salt and mix, until just combined. Wrap in plastic film and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Take heaped tablespoons of the mixture, roll into balls and place on the prepared trays.
- Dip a fork into some flour and flatten the balls, cresting a criss-cross pattern.
- Top with the chopped nuts. Bake for about 12 minutes, until golden.
Jan Bilton's CASHEW NUT BUTTER BISCUITS
Makes about 20
- 125g butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Pic’s cashew nut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted, toasted cashew nuts chopped