- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line an 8x8inch brownie tin with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of water on medium heat. Make sure the water does not touch the base of the bowl as this will cause the chocolate to burn.
- Once melted remove the chocolate from the heat and whisk in caster sugar and rice bran oil and continue whisk for 1 min until sugar starts to dissolve. Then whisk in the eggs and vanilla essence. Use a wooden spoon to fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Gently stir through half of the peanut and chocolate butter, swirling it through the mixture.
- Pour the brownies mixture into the prepared tin and swirl the remaining peanut and chocolate butter into the top of the brownies. Top with the peanuts and bake in the oven for 50-60mins until it just sets in the centre. Allow to cool in the tin before cutting.
Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cooking Time: 55 minutes, Serves: 16
- 180g dark chocolate (Whittaker's Dark Ghana is a great option)
- 1.5 cups caster sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup rice bran oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup Pic’s Peanut & Chocolate Butter
- 1/4 cup peanuts, roughly chopped