- Use electric beaters to whip the thickened cream until light and fluffy. It is done when soft peaks start to form.
- Spread 1/3 of the custard across the base of the trifle bowl. Then spread over 1/3 of the boysenberry jelly.
- Top with a layer of sponge cake and drizzle over half over the Cointreau.
- Layer on 1/3 cup of the blueberries and strawberries. Repeat layers one more time.
- Finally, top with the remaining custard and boysenberry jelly. Keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Just before serving spread over the thickened cream then pile on the cherries and remaining strawberries and blueberries.
- Notes: If you want an alcohol-free version simply swap the Cointreau for 4 Tbsp of Fresh Orange Juice.
Prep Time: 15 minutes, Serves: 6
- 1 Jar Pic’s Boysenberry Jelly
- 450g Sponge cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 Tbsp Cointreau
- 900g thick custard
- 300mL thickened cream
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherries
- 2.5-3L Trifle Bowl